With the summer holiday season approaching and sunshine now surely just around the corner, we thought it would be timely to compile a list of outfits for girls which we think would makes up a perfect summer wardrobe.
The list below aims to bring together outfits to cater for all eventualities and possible engagements in a little girl’s calendar and covers everything from dresses and casualwear to special occasions, holidays and outdoor adventures. This is what we would pack in a suitcase to go away for a week without knowing where – only that it is summer, the traveller is a girl and some gorgeous and practical summer outfits are needed.
All of these outfits can be found in our multi-brand boutique (co-run with Lazy Francis) at 406 King’s Road, SW10 0LJ. We are open every day. Alternatively you can find them online at www.kidsemporiumonline.com!
Look one – all occasions covered!
1. A Statement Girls Jacket by Kokori – neutral colour and an eye catching lace up detail make this jacket a great accompaniment to all looks and occasions.
2. Lace Petticoat Dress by Ouside The Lines – is a truly versatile girls summer dress. Great for very hot weather on its own, smart to every day occasions and chic with a smart looking jacket.
3. Tapestry Jacket by Outside The Lines – this girls’ jacket will complete almost any outfit – smart or casual – pair it up with a dress or a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for a bright and unique look.
4. Pom D’Api White Glitter and Leather Sandals – truly a perfect pair of summer shoes – fit for almost any occasion and likely to go with almost any outfit. This style has established itself as a classic a long time ago and we have heard of parents buying these sandals year after year.
1. High Low Girls Dress by Lazy Francis – a truly gorgeous dress which will be treasured and adored by any aspiring princess. White hem with a lace detail adds a little extra glamour.
2. A delicate and elegant girls dress for all occasions. With an A-Line cut and intricate lace detail at the neckline, shoulders and hemline of the skirt, this dress will delight all the little fashionistas.
3. Lace Blouse and Shorts by Le Mu – is a gorgeous alternative to an occasion dress and will make a perfect outfit for a girl with her own, unique sense of style.
4. Nude Mary Janes by Pom D’Api – a timeless classic for girls – this versatile shoe style will surely get a lot of wear even after the summer is over. These girls shoes come in the navy too!
Every girl needs a denim dress – here are three very different styles to pick from all in gorgeous rich denim colours. Great for picnics, playground and even parties!
1. Dorothy Dress by JAM London in Denim, featuring a lace detail (also available in Turquoise)
2. Denim Tee Dress by Outside The Lines
3. Well Grounded Co’s Peter Pan Collar Denim dress has a bright red zip at the back – how’s that for attention to detail!
4. Gold Shimmer Trainers by Bobux
Look four – outfit for an active girl – let’s climb some trees!
1. Sleeveless T-Shirt by Tuta Kids
2. Denim Girls Skort by JAM London
3. Summer Girls Cardigan by Tuta Kids
4. Cute Unisex T Shirt by Well Grounded Co
5. Arrow Print Trousers in Black by Well Grounded Co
6. Zebra Girls Trainers with Velcro by Bobux
Look five – this girl is going to the beach!
There is not much you need for a perfect trip to the beach. Some comfortable shoes, a light dress that won’t crinkle and get dirty easily and a couple of bathing suit options make our list complete!
1. Girls Bikini by Tuta Kids
2. Sara Girls Dress in Bright Liberty Print
3. Girls Bikini by Angel’s Face
4. Girls Canvas Shoes by Cienta – these hold a little surprise as their rubber soles smell of berries!